Looking for a fun activity during this period of social distancing that “takes you outside” to enjoy the emergence of spring in central Illinois. Let’s do it by memory this year. Lincoln Memorial Garden is hosting an art contest for senior citizens with prizes awarded for the most creative art and the artwork that most represents the Garden. Here’s the rules:
- Artists must 70 years and older and live in Sangamon County.
- Artwork may be any style (crayon, markers, paints, collage, etc.).
- Artwork must represent some aspect of Lincoln Memorial Garden—perhaps an event you have attended, a bird or mammal or insect you have seen at the Garden, your favorite spot in the Garden, a Garden landscape in your favorite season, etc.
- Entries must be scanned or photographed and sent to email@example.com by 5 p.m. April 30, 2020.
- When submitting the entry, include the artist’s name, age (if they care to share) and something about the inspiration for their artwork.
- Entries will be judged by a panel of Garden staff and Board Members.
Entries will be displayed at the Nature Center once we reopen, and may be shared on lincolnmemorialgarden.org, the Seasons newsletter for members and on the Lincoln Memorial Garden Facebook page.