Need an activity to keep some youngsters busy during this unexpected school break? Lincoln Memorial Garden is hosting an art contest for youth 3 to 15 with prizes awarded to the best by age (3-5, 6-9, 10-15), as well as an award for the most creative and the artwork that most represents the Garden. Hereâ€™s the rules:
- Artists must be between the ages of 3 and 15 and live in Sangamon County.
- Artwork may be any style (crayon, markers, paints, collage, etc.).
- Artwork must represent some aspect of Lincoln Memorial Gardenâ€”perhaps an event you have attended, a bird or mammal or insect you have seen at the Garden, your favorite spot in the Garden, a Garden landscape in your favorite season, etc.
- Entries must be scanned or photographed and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. April 30, 2020.
- When submitting the entry, include the childâ€™s name, age and something about the inspiration for their artwork.
- Entries will be judged by a panel of Garden staff and Board Members.
Entries will be displayed at the Nature Center once we reopen, may be shared on lincolnmemorialgarden.org, the Seasons newsletter for members and on the Lincoln Memorial Garden Facebook page.